Our May newsletter is chock full of detailed tips so we thought it would also be a helpful blog post too. Spring has sprung! And it is a great time to get your home ready for summer. Take advantage of cooler weather now to get a jump on home maintenance work so you can go into summer enjoying the fruits of your early labors.
Here’s a checklist of items you might want to put on your spring home maintenance tune-up:
- Brighten your home’s exterior – hose and a cleaning wand often does the trick in cleaning siding and entry ways. If needed, a fresh coat of paint will transform your front entry. Since we spend more time outside, we will enjoy having our home exterior looking fresh and ready for the summer entertaining season.
- Clean your deck or patio – clean, treat, seal and stain a wood deck and clean up patio, furniture and cushions.
- Tend the garden – colorful flowers and plants, and new mulch on your garden beds protects your plants from drought and gives your yard a finished look.
- Air out your home’s interior -Take advantage of cooler spring temperatures to open windows and run your air conditioner on low to get rid of winter mustiness. This serves a dual purpose to ensure your air conditioner is ready for the season – no one wants to turn on their air conditioner for the first time when it’s hot and humid and find out it needs repair! (We’ll talk about HVAC maintenance in an upcoming blog).
- Swap out wintery décor – update your home’s interior with lighter, seasonal décor to make it look and feel like summer.
- Add a fresh coat of paint – take a look around and identify any exterior areas of your home that may need a touch-up. Now is the time to think about painting outside before the weather heats up – if you’re planning on hiring a professional to paint, their schedules book up quickly so it’s better to be proactive and check this off your list now!
Do you think you’ll need professional help with any of these tasks? Call the AR Property Group for a great referral!